Pages

Sunday 3 May 2015

Oak burr

***This blog has moved to my new website. New posts will be made here***

I was digging through my wood pile and found some oak burrs that are about a year old. I'd completely forgotten about them. The swirling grain is amazing, so I thought I'd make as many tiny spoons out of it as I could. So far I've managed six.

Most of the time I will just have a tooled finish to my spoons, but with burrs I like to sand them as I think it helps the patterns in the grain to stand out.


With the first one, the swirls weren't that apparent, even after oiling. 


The grain patterns were much more pronounced in the second spoon.





 Here are the six I've done so far, and I've still got a few lumps of burr wood left. 


1 comment:

  1. Such a nice concept og this blog, I really appriciate. You have created such a nice curved spoon from spare oak burss. We should utilize the spare stuff and create such valueable things.

    ReplyDelete